Poor Icona Pop. The shouty Swedish singing duo don’t have much to hang their hat on, historically speaking. In the moment, I thought their 2013 debut album was pretty good, but time has mostly forgotten them. The one thing they could definitely claim is SEO dominance for the phrase “I Love It” thanks to the … More »
As long as there has been pop music, there have been boy bands. But ask any American about the “boy band era” and they’ll probably assume you’re talking about the turn of the millennium, when Backstreet Boys and NSYNC led an insurgent army of meticulously styled hormone-activating ensembles. These dreamboat teams were the predominant unit … More »
At this point, we all know who Marshmello is, but just like we don’t tell nine-year-olds that Santa Claus isn’t real, we all play along with the joke. Two years ago at EDC Las Vegas Marshmello trolled the crowd when he removed “his” helmet – only to have Tiesto hiding underneath. The next year Marshmello
The post Marshmello and Shawn Medes Trolled The Crowd At The iHeartRadio MMVA’s Tnight appeared first on EDM Sauce.
Along with her fellow ex-Mousketeers Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera proved to be one of the most durable hit-makers of the Y2K-era teen-pop explosion. Long after most of their peers found alternate careers in show business or disappeared from pop culture entirely, these artists kept sending singles to the top 10. Spears survived … More »
“Boo’d Up” is blowing up. Ella Mai’s sumptuous ’90s R&B throwback, first released way back in February 2017 as the opening track of her Ready EP, is on its second week at #8 on Billboard’s Hot 100 singles chart. The slow-burn success story had its genesis in Spotify and Apple playlist placement but … More »
This week is Shawn Mendes week on The Late Late Show With James Corden! The guitar-slinging god of young adult contempo just released his self-titled third album, and he’s celebrating with a week-long residency that kicked off with a Carpool Karaoke segment and a monologue. More »
From a recent tweet by iHeartRadio, the media company said that they will need a Shawn Mendes collaboration with Zedd. Soon after the tweet, the DJ and producer confirmed “You will get it.” Zedd’s current summer anthem “The Middle” peaked at the number 5 spot on the Hot 100 in late April. To date the
The post Zedd Says His Collaboration With Shawn Mendes Is Coming appeared first on EDM Sauce.
- No Rome‘s 1975-produced (NOT THAT YOU’D GUESS) Do It Again is a miniature masterpiece.
- Spotify’s credits leave the producer name blank on the Call Me Loop single so we can only assume this song is the work of DJ Earworm.
- Shawn Mendes‘ Nervous is the most Julia Michaels song you’ve ever heard.
- The LOVA EP is out today and it’s Quite A Treat.
- Jain‘s new single features a picture of the singer catching a dove on her hand and is therefore brilliant, and also it’s brilliant because it’s brilliant. Worth investigating Jain’s 2016 album Zanaka too.
- We haven’t included it in the playlist because it’s not really very good but this song starts with the Netflix ‘b-bmmmm’ sting which is quite funny.
- We regret to inform you that Zayn has gone full on borecore with his new one.
- And finally U2 need to be relevant in the streaming era and in an attempt to pull this off they’ve roped in Cheat Codes for a song that is hilarious in there different ways.
The post New Music Friday: let’s just say the No Rome single is better than ‘U2 x Cheat Codes’ appeared first on Popjustice.
Shawn Mendes will finally exit his teen years this August, but you can’t take his youth away. So sang the suburban Toronto native Sunday at the Billboard Music Awards, alongside Khalid — another young pop star born in ’98 — and survivors from the Parkland shooting. The song, “Youth,” from Mendes’ self-titled album out tomorrow, … More »