Along with her fellow ex-Mousketeers Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera proved to be one of the most durable hit-makers of the Y2K-era teen-pop explosion. Long after most of their peers found alternate careers in show business or disappeared from pop culture entirely, these artists kept sending singles to the top 10. Spears survived … More »
“Boo’d Up” is blowing up. Ella Mai’s sumptuous ’90s R&B throwback, first released way back in February 2017 as the opening track of her Ready EP, is on its second week at #8 on Billboard’s Hot 100 singles chart. The slow-burn success story had its genesis in Spotify and Apple playlist placement but … More »
This week is Shawn Mendes week on The Late Late Show With James Corden! The guitar-slinging god of young adult contempo just released his self-titled third album, and he’s celebrating with a week-long residency that kicked off with a Carpool Karaoke segment and a monologue. More »
From a recent tweet by iHeartRadio, the media company said that they will need a Shawn Mendes collaboration with Zedd. Soon after the tweet, the DJ and producer confirmed “You will get it.” Zedd’s current summer anthem “The Middle” peaked at the number 5 spot on the Hot 100 in late April. To date the
The post Zedd Says His Collaboration With Shawn Mendes Is Coming appeared first on EDM Sauce.
- No Rome‘s 1975-produced (NOT THAT YOU’D GUESS) Do It Again is a miniature masterpiece.
- Spotify’s credits leave the producer name blank on the Call Me Loop single so we can only assume this song is the work of DJ Earworm.
- Shawn Mendes‘ Nervous is the most Julia Michaels song you’ve ever heard.
- The LOVA EP is out today and it’s Quite A Treat.
- Jain‘s new single features a picture of the singer catching a dove on her hand and is therefore brilliant, and also it’s brilliant because it’s brilliant. Worth investigating Jain’s 2016 album Zanaka too.
- We haven’t included it in the playlist because it’s not really very good but this song starts with the Netflix ‘b-bmmmm’ sting which is quite funny.
- We regret to inform you that Zayn has gone full on borecore with his new one.
- And finally U2 need to be relevant in the streaming era and in an attempt to pull this off they’ve roped in Cheat Codes for a song that is hilarious in there different ways.
The post New Music Friday: let’s just say the No Rome single is better than ‘U2 x Cheat Codes’ appeared first on Popjustice.
Shawn Mendes will finally exit his teen years this August, but you can’t take his youth away. So sang the suburban Toronto native Sunday at the Billboard Music Awards, alongside Khalid — another young pop star born in ’98 — and survivors from the Parkland shooting. The song, “Youth,” from Mendes’ self-titled album out tomorrow, … More »
The 2018 Billboard Music Awards opened with a speech from Kelly Clarkson calling for moments of action instead of moments of silence in the wake of last week’s Texas school shooting. (Though she noticeably avoided the word “gun.”) Later in the night, Shawn Mendes and Khalid were joined by students from … More »
Last October, six days after a gunman killed 58 people during his performance at the Route 91 Harvest festival on the Las Vegas strip, Jason Aldean made a surprise appearance on Saturday Night Live. For the show’s cold open, the country star and his band covered “I Won’t Back Down,” which functioned as a dual … More »
It takes real talent to create a song based on the premise that Chris Brown is the man and end up with something likable. For three minutes and 36 seconds — or 5:21 if you’re watching the music video, as more than 57 million people have so far — that’s the illusion “Freaky Friday” successfully … More »