What happens when a pop-punk boy band grows up? They stop playing pop-punk, apparently. More »
The World Cup kicks off tomorrow in Russia, which is super exciting if you love soccer and a little depressing if you’re an American who loves soccer, seeing as the US didn’t qualify for the first time in 32 years. You know who will be there, though? Robbie Williams. More »
Jimmy Page and Robbie Williams have been feuding over mansion renovations since 2015. The Led Zeppelin guitarist and the former boy band star are next-door neighbors in London’s Holland Park neighborhood, and the disputes between them have played out in the British tabloids for years. Their contention stems from the renovations that Williams is … More »
British pop star Robbie Williams performed at Central Hall Westminster on New Year’s Eve. And as the following video suggests, he did so with the utmost concern for hygiene. After hopping into the audience to mingle with his fans during “Auld Lang Syne,” Williams returned to the stage and applied hand sanitizer while striking a … More »
So yeah, back to the things that matter. The beef between pop star Robbie Williams and Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page over real estate has been marinating since 2013, when Williams bought a £17 million home in the same Holland Park, London neighborhood as Page. The two became bitter neighbors when Page filed an … More »
In this week’s new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify:
- It has finally happened. A chap with a bucket on his head has made the best song of the week. The man is Marshmello and he has been helped out on ‘Ritual’ by noteworthy manwarbler Wrabel.
- Noonie Bao is continuing her persistent and effective quest to become the planet’s greatest singing human with ‘Sorry Not Sorry’.
- Pnau should really know better than fifth-rate Galantis knockoff ‘Chameleon’. Poor show lads.
- XYLO‘s contribution to the new Chainsmokers track is really great.
- Didn’t see this one coming but RAT BOY‘s new song sounds — and we mean this in the very best possible way — like a Girls Aloud album track.
- If you liked Betsy‘s brilliant last single you’ll like her new one too, but slightly less.
- About five months ago Little Mix‘s A&R team sent various songwriters and producers an email containing the phrase ‘Love On The Brain’ and the winning team’s song is out today. As with the Pnau track it’s a lot more enjoyable out of context.
- Tiesto‘s still getting away with charging major labels vast sums of money for frayed old rope: this week he’s invoicing Niall Horan‘s label for the eight minutes he set aside for a ‘This Town’ remix.
- DNCE continue their weekly mission to illustrate the law of diminishing returns.
- Sigma and Birdy‘s ‘Find Me’ would have voted for Brexit.
We didn’t include ‘Cheat Codes’, apols.
The post The week’s best new releases: Marshmello feat Wrabel, Bruno Mars, Noonie Bao, RAT BOY (!) and more appeared first on Popjustice.
Tove Lo and subtlety are not natural bedfellows. Two years ago, the Swedish pop singer and songwriter extraordinaire gave us Queen Of The Clouds, one of the finest albums of the decade and one of the most fully realized musical introductions in recent memory. Its synthpop anthems were rife with blunt proclamations and bright … More »
The Killers wrote one of the songs on Robbie Williams’ upcoming album Heavy Entertainment Show. As Williams told The Sun in a recent interview, the track “Mixed Signals” was initially supposed to be a Killers track: “The Killers sound is unique and I think Brandon Flowers is one of the best songwriters on the … More »