Directed by Hebru Brantley. Produced by Rio Mac. A Hebru Brantley music video? It doesn’t get much bigger than that. …
Valee is a Chicago rapper with a prim, fussy, mesmerizing delivery. He’s been building buzz on the Chicago underground for a while now, and Pusha T recently signed him to G.O.O.D. Music, which seems like a great fit for all involved. And to celebrate his signing, Pusha has now jumped on a remix of “Miami,” … More »
After releasing Chapter II of his new EPs titled Inferno, Steve Angello is back with the official music video for his hit new single “Freedom” featuring Pusha T. Directed by Swedish-based creative director Alexander Wessely. The visually compelling and equally thrilling film perfectly compliments Pusha T’s powerful, political verse as well as Steve Angello’s rhythms.
The post Steve Angello & Pusha T Share Music Video For ‘Freedom’ appeared first on EDM Sauce.
The legendary Steve Angello has released a new EP on his fledgling label, Size Records. Titled Inferno, the EP explores the depths of the Swedish commercial house don’s musicality across two releases “Freedom” featuring Pusha T and “I Know.”
“Freedom” opens the two-tracker, and borrows elements from modern artists like K?D, Rezz, or JOYRYDE that fuse with Angello’s own style to create a unique sound. The slow-paced vocal verses atop the beat are something that catches the ear and balance out the almost-discomforting, bass-heavy instrumental. “I Know” lightens the vibe and brings forth nostalgia, showcasing an electro-house influenced synth where other instruments come on and off as each verse passes.
Song of the week:
Dagny — ‘Love You Like That’
How to put this… Dagny’s last few releases have not exactly been ‘up there’ with ‘Backbeat’ and ‘Fool’s Gold’. In fact when Dagny released a cover of ‘More More More’ a few weeks ago, and let’s not forget ‘More More More’ is one of pop’s all-time worst songs, we took our Dagny shrine out back and set fire to it. One thing we did not take into account when doing so was that of course a key component of any shrine is a number of candles, and therefore setting fire to them simply brought the shrine to life. And as the shrine flourished in the open air for the first time, it sent a shaft of solid white light hundreds of feet into the night sky. Despite having started life as the result of disappointment, that light became widely interpreted by the music community as a beacon of hope. Music fans from our local area began bringing their own candles. Soon, it became a national concern. Within four days there were thousands of candles. And the shaft of light grew brighter, stronger and taller. By this point the light was visible across mainland Europe. And that’s when Dagny saw it. Her response? Well, she saw it as a personal message. A challenge. A request. A plea for help. A pop Bat-Signal. The result: ‘Love You Like That’, which is quite good actually.
Wrong of the week:
Louis Tomlinson — ‘Just Like You’
Hey does anyone know if there was a meeting earlier this year where it was decided that Louis Tomlinson’s only hope was to appear as relatable as possible? Anyone? Any ideas? JUST GIVE US A CLUE SOMEONE.
- Remember how before Harry Styles decided to be an authentic 70s rock ‘troubadour’ we kept banging on about how his debut solo single should sound like The 1975’s ‘Somebody Else’? Well LANY have brought that dream a little closer to reality by covering ‘Sign Of The Times’ for one of those Spotify Studios sessions.
- Good grief there’s a lot of 1D solo action this week — the Cedric Gervais mix of Niall‘s ‘Too Much To Ask’ is rather pleasant.
- Voting in the BBC Sound Of 2018 starts soon, hence Dagny getting back to business this week. Also, though, we see you Tom Walker. We see you Bishop Briggs. We see you Will Joseph Cook. (Sound Of 2016 longlistee Mabel also has a song out this week if anyone’s still interested.)
- Tell you what, when the Steve Angello and Pusha T song really kicks off it’s a full-on ‘volume up, windows open’ pop moment. Worth our £100 bounty? Possibly…
- Scavenger Hunt have released a tribute to Carly Rae Jepsen. After last week’s MY song we’re wondering if 2018 will be the year e•mo•pop will finally become a thing. That would not be a disaster.
- Oh and St Vincent‘s released one of the albums of the year today. Shame it’s likely to go under the rader, if only she’d do some press!!!
The post New Music Friday: Dagny at the top, Louis Tomlinson at the bottom, various songs in between appeared first on Popjustice.
Steve Angello has been focusing on himself very intently this year. Since departing Swedish House Mafia the artist focused intently on his record label and helping up and coming artists break onto the scene. Then Coachella 2017 happened and Steve debuted a powerful new sound. He continues to explore his new choice of style in
The post Steve Angello Drops A Dark Tech Styled EP Which Might Be His Most Impressive Release Yet appeared first on EDM Sauce.
Gorillaz headlined day two of The Meadows festival in New York City and hosted a parade of guests throughout their set including Mos Def/Yasiin Bey for “Stylo” off Plastic Beach and De La Soul for the classic “Feel Good Inc.” Two guests came out during songs off this year’s Humanz: Pusha T for “More »
Pusha T performed at Made In America in Philly last night and during his set he implied that Kanye produced his forthcoming album King Push from top to bottom. (Previously, Pusha T said that the album was only “mostly” produced by Kanye.) The LP follows Darkest Before The Dawn: The Prelude, which was … More »