L.A.-based label Doom Trip Records have been keeping it real for a solid minute now, with a roster including the likes of R. Stevie Moore, Rangers, Mukqs, Diamondstein, and a whole host of other TMT beloveds. But on April 9, they’ll somehow keep it EVEN REALER by releasing the latest installment of their yearly Doom Mix series, gathering some of the label’s finest heads in one place and even rangling some newcomers into the fray.
Speaking of newcomers: Eartheater kicks things off on the very first track! The comp also features new tracks from SWAN MEAT, Nmesh, HOTT MT, Equip, TALsounds, and a whole bunch of other splendid voices from the gurgling experimental underground.
A taste, for example: “Six Winged Angel,” by gonzo ex-TMT writer Mukqs:
Or perhaps this smooth jammer from Vinyl Williams is more your speed:
Again, a completely different vibe from Heejin Jang:
If anything, this comp serves once again to highlight the zany and diverse sound Doom Trip continues to launch out into the world; so head over to their Bandcamp to pre-order a copy of Doom Mix Vol. III, and we’ll see you in hell!
Doom Mix Vol. III tracklisting:
01. Eartheater – Concealer
02. SWAN MEAT – ROASTDUCK OPERABYTE
03. Nmesh – KSR Reverse Osmosis Hook
04. Mukqs – Six Winged Angel 03:54
05. HOTT MT – Starheart 03:14
06. Vinyl Williams – Nether Congrenes 03:24
07. Pale Spring – Suffer Soft 04:04
08. R23X – Phantasy III
09. Diamondstein & Sangam – The Heat
10. Niku No Sekai – Floating Hills
11. Heejin Jang – Restless 03:42
12. TALsounds – Mistake
13. Equip – Alchemist’s C-o-r-r-i-d-o-r
14. CDX – Eat Tape
15. Skyjelly – Watch Out
16. Paige Emery – Sinksand