Ariana Grande will headline the Amazon Music Unboxing Event in New York City tonight — joined by Alessia Cara, Julia Michaels, and Kelsea Ballerini — to promote the upcoming Amazon Prime Day, a day and a half of Amazon deals that begins 7/16. Grande will perform her classic hits and tracks from her forthcoming album … More »
Along with her fellow ex-Mousketeers Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera proved to be one of the most durable hit-makers of the Y2K-era teen-pop explosion. Long after most of their peers found alternate careers in show business or disappeared from pop culture entirely, these artists kept sending singles to the top 10. Spears survived … More »
- No Rome‘s 1975-produced (NOT THAT YOU’D GUESS) Do It Again is a miniature masterpiece.
- Spotify’s credits leave the producer name blank on the Call Me Loop single so we can only assume this song is the work of DJ Earworm.
- Shawn Mendes‘ Nervous is the most Julia Michaels song you’ve ever heard.
- The LOVA EP is out today and it’s Quite A Treat.
- Jain‘s new single features a picture of the singer catching a dove on her hand and is therefore brilliant, and also it’s brilliant because it’s brilliant. Worth investigating Jain’s 2016 album Zanaka too.
- We haven’t included it in the playlist because it’s not really very good but this song starts with the Netflix ‘b-bmmmm’ sting which is quite funny.
- We regret to inform you that Zayn has gone full on borecore with his new one.
- And finally U2 need to be relevant in the streaming era and in an attempt to pull this off they’ve roped in Cheat Codes for a song that is hilarious in there different ways.
The post New Music Friday: let’s just say the No Rome single is better than ‘U2 x Cheat Codes’ appeared first on Popjustice.
Not that long ago, it seemed genuinely strange to hear the words “Ryan” and “Adams” right next to each other on a big singing-competition show. In 2011, the American Idol contestant Paul McDonald sang a shuffling, Rod Stewart-esque cover of Adams’ “Come Pick Me Up” on the show, and it seemed like a … More »
The Julia Michaels experiment is working. Michaels, who spent years as a songwriter who crafted hits for many much-bigger names, has only been easing herself into the role of a pop star herself for a little more than a year. But after releasing a debut album last year, Michaels has a few hits to … More »
Who knows how many centuries the fortune under the eastern slope of Mount Davidson went untapped before the Grosh brothers happened upon it. The Pennsylvanian preacher’s sons had become seasoned prospectors during the gold rush years of the mid-19th century, and that experience served them well in Nevada’s Virginia Range southeast of Reno, where in … More »
Kesha had a #TimesUp moment on the Grammys stage tonight, performing her Rainbow single “Praying,” a song that seems to be about her ongoing legal battle with Dr. Luke, who she accused of sexual assault and emotional abuse. She was joined on stage by Cyndi Lauper, Camila Cabello, Julia Michaels, Andra Day, and … More »
There’s a new Fifty Shades Of Grey movie coming out, Fifty Shades Freed, which means a new soundtrack album featuring your favorite pop artists, plus Liam Payne and Rita Ora. That includes Julia Michaels, songwriter to the stars and a great pop artist in her own right, who contributed a song called “Heaven.” … More »