Twitter beefs had a landmark year thanks to the election of a narcissist with a fragile ego as our Commander-in-Chief. But unlike the style of online squabbles we’ve all grown fond of, the ones Trump started could not simply be watched with delight and your favorite popcorn gif (the “Thriller” one is the … More »
Can we talk about Eminem’s Revival tracklist for a minute? It is not a promising tracklist. “Foreboding” is a better word for it. Look at these features:
What a time to be a live television program. The only TV many people watch in real time these days is sporting events, Game Of Thrones, and maybe primetime political talk shows — and even that last category you’re far more likely to encounter excerpted on social media after the fact. Saturday Night Live’s ratings … More »
A few months ago we saw news and leaks pointing to a collaboration between Skrillex and the vocal group, Fifth Harmony. We initially thought this would be a Skrillex track featuring the group, but soon learned that it was really the other way around. Fifth Harmony contracted Skrillex to come onto their new track, ‘Angel’
The post Fifth Harmony Releases New Track Produced By Skrillex: Listen Here appeared first on EDM Sauce.
Skrillex is a man of many shades — from massive bass tunes to pop jams, he knows how to hit the sweet spot. Skrillex and Poo Bear were behind Fifth Harmonies latest single “Angel,” their second single promoting their upcoming album which is set to release on August 25. The producer pair did a great job highlighting the girls’ vocals, crafting a deep bass canvas with minimal percussion and synths that results in a palatable record for the masses.
Fifth Harmony lost their 5th member Cabello several months ago, who will be releasing her own album later this year. Stream “Angel” in full below.
“I could fight forever, but life’s too short.” Every lyric on Rainbow — Kesha’s first album in five years and the first since initiating a messy legal battle against former producer and label head Lukasz “Dr. Luke” Gottwald — is loaded, but those words in particular stand out. They’re among the first lines on album … More »
Katy Perry opens her new album by singing, “Can I get a witness?” Her promotional tactics for Witness have communicated a similar sentiment, albeit more intense: “Please look at me!” This is the singer known for spraying whipped cream from her cupcake bra, so it’s not like she’s ever been a master of understatement. But … More »
Song of the week:
Rae Morris — ‘Reborn’
Hot news from the ‘acts you’d assumed had been dropped’ desk: Rae Morris is back, she still has a proper record deal, and her new single is an absolute belter. If you’re no fan of songs that fade at the end, you’re going to love the way this one wraps things up.
Wrong of the week:
Fifth Harmony feat Gucci Mane — ‘Down’
It’s going some for another act to secure Wrong Of The Week when AronChupa and Little Sis Nora have unleashed Llama In My Living Room, but the Fifth Harmony comeback single is an imagination-free disappointment that seems to be the sound of a band and team who simply cannot be fucked, which is confusing because this first post-Camila single should be the point where they prove that can be very fucked indeed. Let’s just pretend Lauren’s song on the Halsey album is the new Fifth Harmony single and move on with our lives.
- The MNEK-produced 5 After Midnight single seems to be the start of something good. (It sounds a lot like an MNEK song.)
- Haiku Hands‘ debut single ‘Not About You’ is a sort of Charli XCX-meets-Kero Kero Bonito affair that opens with the line “I feel like I’m on one, banging on to someone, before it comes undone I’m gonna eat my cake”. That’s how to launch a pop career.
- Lorde, the young person, has had a nice time going out.
- After numerous delays THE DUA LIPA ALBUM HAS FINALLY ARRIVED. ‘Bad Together’ is our favourite of the ‘new’ songs. Eight (EIGHT) of this album’s best tracks have already been released as singles or promotional tracks, which creates a slightly unfair first-listen situation in which you go into the album searching for new music and in doing so you have to overlook pretty much an album’s worth of pretty great tunes.
- The Olly and Louisa single was released to DSPs a few days ago presumably in an attempt to stand out from this week’s other new releases or ‘game the system’ in terms of chart placings. Here’s another way to stand out and do well in the charts: release a good song.
The post New Music Friday: Rae Morris at the top, Fifth Harmony at the bottom, various songs in between appeared first on Popjustice.
With the impending release of her sophomore album, hopeless fountain kingdom, Halsey flaunts her distinctive vocal talent in “Strangers” featuring Lauren Jurengui of Fifth Harmony. “Strangers” is a provoking piece that places an emphasis on the identity of both performing artists who are openly bi-sexual, enabling Halsey and Jurengui to communicate a story that’s entirely tenable without exploiting their respective individualities. Halsey said the following of her single “Strangers”:
“I just love that Lauren Jauegui and I are two women who have a mainstream pop presence doing a love song for the LGBTQ community. ‘Strangers’ is just a love song that happens to use same-sex pronouns”.
hopeless fountain kingdom will be available everywhere on June 2. Ahead of the release of Halsey’s highly-anticipated inbound LP, stream “Strangers” now.