There are transformational music festivals, and there is Costa Rica’s Envision Festival. Held annually deep in the Latin American jungles, just off the beaches of the Pacific, the Spring time gathering boasts thought-leading workshops, world class yoga, and cutting-edge music. What better place then for a burner like Josh Mayer to pull out a rare solo performance as his downtempo alter ego, Of Porcelain.
Josh Mayer is a man of many talents. As Ooah, Mayer makes up one-third of The Glitch Mob (alongside ediT and Boreta) and one-half of PANTyRAiD (alongside Marty Party). Yet, the music from his long-dormant solo project, Of Porcelain, hadn’t seen the light of day in over four years, for which the multi-talented producer told LA Weekly, “The thing with the Of Porcelain music is that it just hits me at certain times where I have to write it.”
Nearly 10 years have passed since Of Porcelain‘s first album release. Now Mayer has broken his estrangement from his downtempo moniker with a stunning performance at Envision. The set is soothing, entrancing, and ethereal, featuring a track list from the likes of Sasha, Aphex Twin, and Christian Löffler. Additionally, Mayer includes a few of his own productions, such as his newest original track, “And Here I Am Free,” which was premiered here at DA earlier this year.
Listen to Of Porcelain’s solo performance at Costa Rica’s Envision Festival earlier this year.
1. 2814 – Before The Rain
2. Brutalist – He Was A Great Man
3. Of Porcelain – And Here I Am Free
4. Of Porcelain – Shadows In The Sand
5. Schneider TM – Take Me Out Tonight
6. Lusine – Flat (Lusine Remix)
7. Of Porcelain – Awake With Your Eyes
8. Jon Hopkins – Abandon Window
9. Aphex Twin – Avril 14th (Murcof Remake)
10. edIT – Laundry
11. Of Porcelain – Light In Your Eyes
12. Halo – Green & Blue (Koan Sound remix)
13. Holographic Field – Afterglow
14. Jon Hopkins – Sun Harmonics
15. Sasha – Time After Time
16. Christian Löffler – Swim
17. Sasha – Rooms
18. Kiasmos – Swept
19. Holographic Field – Afloat
20. Kiasmos – Bent