XXXTentacion admits to domestic violence in newly released secret recording [Listen]

This post was originally published on this site

XXXTentacion admits to domestic violence in newly released secret recording [Listen]TENTACION 03 28 2018

Graphic content warning: this article contains references to domestic abuse and assault that some readers might disturbing.

An audio recording newly acquired by Pitchfork contains late rapper XXXTentacion‘s admission to domestic violence against his ex-girlfriend, who was pregnant at the time of the alleged abuse. Pitchfork obtained the  secretly taped 27-minute recording from the Miami-Date County state attorney’s office. The audio dates back to 2016, and was reportedly taped “around the time” of the rapper’s arrest on October 8, 2016, according to Pitchfork. XXXTentacion was to go on trial for the abuse case prior to his murder in June 2018.

Although XXXTentacion entered a not guilty plea before his death, the artist recounts his violent conduct in the previously unreleased recording, stating “That girl is scared for her life. Which I understand. You seen me. You know what I do to people…I will kill that bitch if she play with me.” “She’s scared…she thinks I’m going to kill her,” the rapper says later in the tape. In addition to divulging details about his intimidation of his ex-girlfriend, XXXTentacion also confesses to his culpability in an unsolved stabbing incident that occurred in January 2016 in Deerfield Beach, Florida. “All of them boys knew…I’m on [Miami] New Times for stabbing, how many people they put in the news?” XXXTentacion asks. “They said three, it was eight [stabbed],” the rapper boasts.

H/T: Pitchfork

The Gaslamp Killer issues new statement pleading innocence in light of defamation lawsuit

This post was originally published on this site

Last October, electronic music producer The Gaslamp Killer, real name William Bensussen, was accused of allegedly drugging and raping two women in 2013. News first arose when one of the alleged victims, Chelsea Tadros, first shared her account via Twitter, stating that the Los Angeles artist drugged her and a friend, RaeAn Medina, at a hotel party, where he then proceeded to allegedly have non-consensual sex with them both.

This subsequently led to Bensussen’s labels, Low End Theory and Brainfeeder, severing ties with the producer and sparked massive public outrage in the era of  #MeToo. In a new statement posted to The Gaslamp Killer’s Facebook page, Bensussen breaks his silence of seven months with details as to why he believes he is innocent and has filed for defamation.

Read his full statement below:

“Last October, Chelsea Tadros made false claims on Twitter about a consensual sexual encounter that I shared with her and her friend RaeAn Medina 5 years ago. Tadros claimed that I drugged her and Medina at The Standard Hotel during a daytime pool party, then took their incapacitated bodies to my home and raped them. Not only is this untrue, it is logistically impossible.

Despite having numerous witnesses dispute her story, I had to remain silent for legal reasons. I so badly wanted to defend myself right away and share the facts with details from my witnesses. Because the case is now public record, I am finally able to come forward.

I am 100% innocent of these accusations.

My only recourse was to bring a suit for defamation to prove my innocence. In suing Tadros, I am not trying to silence her. In fact, I am hoping to open a dialogue in which to examine this event in front of a judge and jury, rather than trial by social media.

It is important to note that no criminal charges were brought against me, and that I am the only person accused of this type of assault during the me too movement to bring a defamation suit against my accuser and be granted a trial. Furthermore, Medina has not affirmed nor corroborated Tadros’ accusations. In fact, in my 15-plus years of touring the world as a musician, no other woman has come out against me

Because the actual trial might be more than a year away, I feel it’s necessary to share these important facts from my case with you:

1. Judge Joanne O’Donnell has identified many inconsistencies in Tadros’ claim, and ruled that “Tadros’ statement contains a provably false assertion of fact that [I] drugged and raped Tadros…”

2. A toxicology expert specializing in date rape cases stated “It is in my opinion, to a reasonable degree of medical certainty that Tadros’ account of what happened on July 5, 2013 is virtually impossible.”

3. The sworn statement of eye witness #1, a friend of Medina’s, who directly contradicts Tadros’ claims about the events of that day. This witness reached out to me in support on the day of Tadros’ twitter accusation, even though I had only met him on the day in question 5 years ago and had not seen nor heard from him since.

4. The sworn statement of eye witness #2, my former roommate, who directly observed Tadros and Medina enter and exit my home in their own power.

Excerpts from these statements can be found in the following screenshots. If you‘d like to see more, there is also a dropbox link. After reading the above declarations by the judge and witnesses it is clear that Tadros’ claims are blatantly false.

I urge you to look at the facts objectively, as this false claim has changed my life forever. Within the first 24 hours of Tadros’ post, I received hundreds of death threats. I have subsequently lost everything that I have worked for; a career which took me 20 years to build. The damage done to my life, my friendships, my reputation, and my career is irreversible.

My life dissolved before my very eyes because of a single tweet. This type of reckless accusation undermines real sexual assault victims in their pursuit of justice. Therefore, it is with great care and awareness that I share my story. All I ask is that you take a moment to examine the facts.”

See the referenced court documents here.